The financials demonstrate organizational efficiency combining with highly effective programs to yield great impact — 97% average to program goods and services to the troops, their spouses, and their kids CY2015 - CY2017.
On behalf of the active duty troops and their families we thank the American people and patriotic American companies for their support which was again clearly evident in 2017. Support Our Troops delivered over 97% percent of its resources to program goods and services for the troops, their spouses, and their kids.
2017 Snapshot (estimated per Form 990 still in process)
|Programs (p. 10, ln. 25b)||$37,112,000|
|Administrative (p. 10, ln. 25c)||$469,202|
|Fundraising (p. 10, ln. 25d)||$4,743|
Three Year Trend (2015-2017)
|Programs (p. 10, ln. 25b)|
|Administrative (p10, ln. 25c)|
|Programs (p. 10, ln. 25b)||$33,336,416|
|Administrative (p. 10, ln. 25c)||$491,105|
|Fundraising (p. 10, ln. 25d)||$7,687|
|Programs (p. 10, ln. 25b)||$34,897,857|
|Administrative (p. 10, ln. 25c)||$292,355|
|Fundraising (p. 10, ln. 25d)||$20,146|
|Programs (p. 10, ln. 25b)||$35,670,462|
|Administrative (p. 10, ln. 25c)||$138,773|
|Fundraising (p. 10, ln. 25d)||$38,905|
- In the above charts and tables, the following terms have the following meanings:
- Programs -- this is what goes to our programs for the troops and their families.
- Administrative -- this pays for the behind the scenes work that makes it all happen and without which it is not possible.
- Fundraising -- this is it takes to get the money to do both of the above and in the end deliver all these awesome programs.
- A printed copy of the following documents are available by US Mail upon proper written request to Support Our Troops, Inc. for the years presented:
- Form 990
- Audited Financial Statement
- The financials are reported and presented on the accrual basis of accounting.
- Page and line citations refer to Form 990 positions from which displayed data is drawn.
- Assets first rise and then decline annually because this is a 501(c)(3) public benefit charity, not a foundation. Foundations accumulate assets in order to periodically disgorge the earnings. Charities passed them through to their beneficiaries via their programs. When a charity's assets rise it means good people and good companies are moving assets into the Organization to be used for its programs. When the charity's assets decline it shows they are being moved into the programs benefiting the Organization's beneficiaries in the ratios shown.
The record of growth of Support Our Troops®results from successful execution of a sound business plan built upon strong fundamentals and financial acumen. Looking to the future we will continue to build upon those same principles to maximize charitable revenue from existing centers, while leveraging our expertise to identify additional charitable revenue opportunities so that we can do the maximum amount of good for the troops and their families. The stage continues to be set for stable, long term success and service. We are uniquely positioned and enjoy significant visibility and financial stability and growth due to the sound business model we put in place and continue to steadfastly execute. Continuing this approach will enhance operations and further position SupportOurTroops.Org for exceptional long term service to America's amazing troops and their families.