Protection of your personal information
The portions of this website which handle information other than your name, address, phone, and email, are hosted on a secure encrypted server, protecting your on-line activities. A secure server sends and receives information across the Internet by scrambling (encrypting) it. Other people's websites to which you might elect to link from this site may or may not be secure. The site and information are protected by passwords.
Credit-card information is processed in real time and is not stored in our computers. Credit card transactions are routed through the credit card processors' secure encrypted server.
If you have any questions or concerns about sharing personal information on this site or making credit card transactions, please use the Contact Us form to notify us.
You are the troops' most important resource.Â Â We are just facilitating the relationship.Â Â We respect your privacy and appreciate your support for America's troops and their families. We acknowledge the importance of treating the information collected on this site responsibly. We will treat your private information with the same respect we want our own private information treated.
family of entities, including without limitation Support Our Troops, Inc. (SOT®
SOT does not routinely share information you provide during your visit to this site, over the phone, or by mail, with outside organizations or persons.
By using this site you grant us permission to use your contact information (email, telephone number and address)Â for the following purposes:
- Distribute receipts for donations
- Thank you for your donation
- Inform you about our upcoming fundraising and other activities via newsletters or such
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies (these reports are not for public inspection)
- Contact you about changes to this policy
If you want to opt-out and remove yourself from an email list, use the unsubscribe link in the email.
On this website we collect information that you voluntarily provide for us to provide services, products and other transactions you request, and provide customer service. We may also use the personal information we collect for other business purposes such as to better generally understand customers needs, enhance relationships, make appropriate offers, or facilitate third party offers we feel will be of interest to you and generate charitable revenue for the troops and their families.
Your choices with respect to personal information
When you engage in certain activities on this site, such as joining the SOT social media community or a State Chapter, completing a license plate application, signing a petition, requesting email notification of an upcoming event, requesting information or pricing, ordering or registering products, or entering contests raffles or sweepstakes, we must ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities we must ask you to provide us personal information in order to provide what you want, including information such as your first and last name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone, or other personal identifying information. Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity because we will not have the information to enable you to do so.
Changing your information
If you register an account we will ask you to select a username and password, and provide your name and contact information. The information you provide to us at the time of registration may be accessed, reviewed and updated at any time by signing in using your Username and Password, and clicking on "my profile."
SOT will disclose personally identifiable information without your permission when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by law, or is necessary or desirable to investigate or protect against activities which might be harmful to persons or property including this site.
Third Party Websites
Special Notification for California Residents
Individual customers who reside in California and have provided their personal information to SOT may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: the Contact Us form on this website, or or by mail to Support Our Troops, Inc., Attn: California Privacy Assistance Request, PO Box 70, Daytona Beach. FL 32115-0070. . Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.
Collection of Information Through Web Technologies
We may automatically track and collect your IP address, domain server, the type of computer and type of web browser you are using and use "cookies" to (i) prevent or track malicious use of this site or damage to this site, (ii) customize content specific to your interests, (iii) ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, (iv) store your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you use the site. Other companies may place web beacons/ads on our site and server which might allow them to collect personally identifiable information from users of this site. Portions of this site may be hosted by other companies who may track and collect this information.
Sharing Personal Information Collected on our Website
We collect your information in order to record and support your participation in the activities you select. If you purchase a license plate or another product, for example, the information may be used to register your rights and benefits that may be made available with the service or product. In the case of purchasing an official DMV-issued license plate, we must of course pass all of the form registration information on to the DMV. If you enter a contest, information is collected to qualify the entry and contact you regarding the contest or prize awards.
We may selectively provide certain information to other trusted companies or organizations that have products or services we think may be of interest to you or produce charitable revenue for the troops and their families. We reserve the right to provide aggregate data to third parties for statistical analysis. Such data will not be linked to any particular individuals.
We may share personal information among the Support Our Troops family of entities, including without limitation SOT, . and State Chapters and affiliates thereof. We may also share information with select trusted third parties who offer goods or services we think may be of interest to you and produce charitable revenue for Support Our Troops, Inc.
From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, products and services and may share personal information with our co-sponsor. For example, we may co-sponsor some sweepstakes or contests on our site with other companies or we may provide prizes for raffles, sweepstakes, and contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes or contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third party sponsor. When you use a credit card to purchase goods or services, we may share your information with the credit card company. We also may share your information with the banks that issue a Support Our Troops co-branded or affinity credit card. Use of shared information is subject to third parties' policies.
We may rely on service providers to help us deliver products and services, such as administering our database and website, State Chapters, offering products and services, providing services in connection with our website, communicating news and delivering promotional materials via email and direct mail, processing credit card transactions, and administering raffles, contests, sweepstakes, and surveys. During the course of our business, we may also share aggregated demographic and statistical information that is not personally identifiable.
Personal information posted by you in online social media platforms.other public forums will be obviously publicly displayed.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year.
In the event that SOT should ever merge with or be acquired by another entity, the personal information collected by SOT may be transferred to that other legal entity as an asset.
The website operator collecting information on this website is:
Support Our Troops, Inc., nonprofit
P. O. Box 70
Daytona Beach, FL 32115-0070
Why We Collect the Information
- The information collected is: parent(s) first and last names, child's first name, child's date of birth (so we can determine if COPPA applies), parents' mailing address, parents' phone number, parents' email address.
Sharing of Information
- The information is collected for the general purposes related to Operation Popcorn® in which free popcorn treats sold by the Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts are shipped to military troops.
- We only collect the birth dates because the federal law requires us to know it in order the determine whether a user is under or over 13 years of age so that we may know when to act in accordance with COPPA.
- This website does not specifically offer activities that allow a child or the site to disclose a child's personal information publicly. The site does have a family-friendly forum area which is not marketed to children and requires a qualifying birth date for registration.
- Information related to those under 13 is used:
- Those we engage to handle and deliver certain activities (e.g. website technological maintenance, date analysis, mailing of participation certificates, reminders, notices, and such). Such third parties would have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but would be required to agree not to use such personally identifiable information for other purposes and agree to maintain the confidentiality, and security of any information they would receive from us.
- In the event that all or substantially all of the assets of Support Our Troops, Inc. are transferred or to another entity, personally identifiable information submitted to us may be transferred to the acquiring entity.
- To comply with law or requests by law enforcement agencies, to enforce our Website Terms and Conditions, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our website, users of our website and others.
- Parents can agree to the collection and use of their child's personal information without agreeing to our disclosing the information to third parties.
- We do not condition a child's participation in this activity on the child's disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in this activity.
- A parent can review their child's personal information, have it deleted, and refuse to allow the further collection or use of their child's information. Prior to discussing this we may require full identification, and proof of custody rights and identification, and take all such steps as we may in our sole discretion deem necessary and proper to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child and to ensure that the person is in fact the child's parent or legal guardian, which shall not create and duty or obligation to do so.
- Any emails that may be sent will contain op-out links. In relation to Operation Popcorn
- Print and electronic newsletters related to Operation Popcorn and other such similar uses
- For participation awards and at-a-boy certificates related to the above
- For emails we receive from a soldier wanting to thank a scout for his good work, and which we may proof, clear and forward to the scout.
- We may also use some of your messages (without any personal ID) in a scroll box SupportOurTroops.Org front page so military troops worldwide can see your messages
We may also disclose personally identifiable information to third parties as follows:
Support Our Troops, Inc., nonprofit
P. O. Box 70
Daytona Beach, FL 32115-0070