Troopons®–Coupons for Troops
Did you know that expired manufacturer coupons are still good for 6 months at U.S. military bases overseas?
The Support Our Troops® Troopons® program enhances the well-being of overseas and domestic military families by sending them food, non-food, baby, and pet manufacturer coupons to make their hard-earned dollars go farther.
What are Troopons?
Mail your coupons to:Support Our Troops®
P.O. Box 70
Daytona Beach, FL 32115-0070
Troopons® are what you can do with coupons you don't use! Send them to the troops overseas! It's an easy way to make a big difference in their lives. Print and use our handy clipping/packing instructions. They get them packed the way the commissaries need them.
How You Can Help:
Here at home it's easy — our papers and magazines arrive full of coupons. Overseas military families don’t receive these papers and magazines. However, the stores on overseas military bases accept expired manufacturer coupons from back here at home. They can be expired up to six (6) months!
So what can we all do? Well, this is America. We can do anything! So we’ve all pitched in to help these amazing men, women and families reduce their grocery bills and free up some of their hard-earned pay for other necessities or niceties. Shopping abroad can be especially tough for military families because currency exchange rates often work against them reducing the buying power of their paycheck.
So every dollar you can help them save in their on-base store makes their paycheck go further for things on or off base.
Troopons Make a Difference:
“It is AMAZING to me how many coupons are sent and how much we can save by using them! It is truly a blessing to us all! Thank you for your dedication to supporting our military and their families overseas! P.S. LOVE the baby, diaper, and Pull-Ups coupons!! Oh, who am I kidding, I love ALL the coupons! THANK YOU!!!!!”
~Happy Military Spouse and Mommy to Two Wonderful Angels, currently in Germany, "Hallo, I just would like to let you know that we received your coupons. Thank you very much and mainly for separating them in to those 4 categories for us, it helps a lot. Thank you! God bless you and take care!"
~ Illesheim, Germany.
How to Send Troopons:
Simply mail your coupons the cheapest way you can to us, and we will make sure they get to the troops.
Mail your coupons to:
Support Our Troops®
P.O. Box 70
Daytona Beach, FL 32115-0070
(Put your email address in the box so we can communicate with you electroncially! It costs a fortune to mail thousands of letters, and we can instead spend that further serving the troops!)
SupportOurTroops.Org administers the routing from there forward to base stores worldwide, and to bases across the U.S. following the constantly changing needs related to category and quantity per location.
What should I send?
- Send only coupons from manufacturers for their products. Examples include items like soup, pasta, or toothpaste.
- Not assistance vouchers. Not food stamps or the like. Not restaurant coupons. Not store name coupons.
Clip Out Your Coupons.
- Print and use our handy clipping/packing instructions
- They must be clipped out individually. We can't clip them for you and the bases cannot clip them because they don't have the manpower.
- Package them in sandwich-size plastic bags.
- Separate them into food, non-food, baby, and pet baggies (the military advises they will recycle unsorted coupons due to lack of manpower).
- Only "Manufacturer's Coupons" can be used.
- They can be from the newspaper, dispensers in grocery stores, tear-pads, and elsewhere as long as they state "Manufacturer's Coupon" on them.
- No assistance vouchers.
- No food stamps.
- No store coupons.
- No restaurant coupons.
- No Internet coupons.
Sort & Pack the Coupons
- Pack them separated in sandwich-size plastic bags.
- Separate food, baby products, pet and non-food coupons to us route them to the right commissaries.
- Don't use rubber bands, paper clips, etc.
- Put your email address in the box to us so we can communicate with you electroncially! It costs a fortune to mail thousands of letters, and we can instead spend that further serving the troops!
Mark the Bags
- Write "food," "baby," "non-food" or “pet” as appropriate on the outside of each bag.
- About twice a year please take a bit of extra time and add up the dollar amount of what is in each bag of coupons, and write it on the outside of the bag. Time and life are precious: you do NOT have to do this every time you send us coupons! Thank you!
SOT conducted a survey of troops regarding the Troopons program administer by Ph.D. survey specialist to assure scientific validity. The results were astounding! The findings show the following about military families served by the Troopons Program:
- Over 60% said they use Troopons several times each month
- 33% said they use Troopons weekly
Military families say use their savings to:
- Pay other bills
- Send their children to college
- Simply “make ends meet”
- Purchase things they otherwise could not afford
See the whole survey results here.
Frequently Asked Questions. (FAQs)
Let's make the troops as proud of us as we are of them!
Japan: "Good morning, On behalf of the Marines, Sailors, civilian employees and family members aboard Marine Corp Air Station Iwakuni, Japan, we would like to thank you and your organization for preparing and sending coupons to our service members and families. We truly appreciate your commitment and contribution to our coupon distribution program and would love for you to keep us on your mailing list. Our personal financial manager here at Marine and Family Services conducts a quarterly "Biggest Saver Coupon Contest," and it has been a huge success here on the air station. Last quarter's winner saved $216.95, and the biggest saver overall saved over $650. The winners receive a free one-hour massage. As you can see, the work that you have put forth with these coupons was not in vain. Again, thank you for all that you do to support our military community."
~~Sincerely, Marine and Family Services, MCAS Iwakuni, Japan.
United Kingdom: "When we receive coupons, our staff separates them into small sealable sandwich bags then affixes labels . . . that all coupons are good for six months past expiration in overseas commissaries. We recently purchased over a dozen stand-alone baskets to hold bags of coupons and strategically placed them around our installation. The popularity of this program has grown to where we restock most baskets weekly and have received numerous comments from individuals on how much these coupons have saved them (up to 70% in some instances). Even I spend an evening once a month sifting through coupon bags at home!"
~~ Col Frank ----